Blog Post 3 - A Good Name

Blog Post 3 - A Good Name

Keasha Tatum McGowan is my full name, as some of you know already but let me first begin by stating what the name Keasha means. In African natives it means "favourite or favourite person", and in Hebrew it means "Cinnamon". The name Keasha is of  English - American origin. It's also said that the name is valiant and possess great character. The name reflects on my spirituality, versatile and idealistic.

As for my middle name, Tatum (Yes, as in Channing Tatum), means cheerful or full of spirit. And in America the name means "to bring joy."The name is of English origin and is unisex. It is said that the many with this name has a desire for order or physical creativity and excellent at expressing themselves, which is true because I express myself through fashion and actions I commit. The name also hold a great leisure of liberal art, which makes sense because I am artistic in my own way.

Lastly, for my surname, McGowan; does not have much about it. But it is of Irish and Scottish origin,. However, the surname was discovered in Scotland and later, Ireland. Throughout the years, there has been spelling variations like, MacGowan, MacGowin, MacGowen etc.

I asked my parents, "Why did you give me the name Keasha?" And they responded that at the time, the name was modern. And my other wanted to give a name to her daughter which was similar to hers , (Candice), which she didn't achieve it. And my mom was surprised when I was delivered because they said that I was male and so when i was born, only to discover that I AM A GIRL!! So she had male names instead of girl names.

Thank you for reading


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keasha, I found your blog extremely interested as not only you covered detail on what your name is but also give insightful opinions on your self. Something that caught my attention is when you stated: "It is said that the many with this name has a desire for order or physical creativity and excellent at expressing themselves, which is true because I express myself through fashion and actions I commit. " I think this is something that I can agree with and is evident through your personality and creative self. In addition to so, I find that I can also relate to my name because I love astrology and my name means moonlight. Wow! Who knew our names have such meaningful definitions. Overall, I am impressed with how you approached this task and I am looking forward for your future blogposts because you are able to organise your ideas effortlessly. Well done and keep it up Keasha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keasha, i really agree and can relate on how you middle name means "to bring joy", as you always seem to be full of positive vibes and fun to be around. Your name really does project your bright character really well too :) you do express yourself really well and vibrantly, so i feel your name suits you well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 5 - Creative task

Blog Post 1- Introducing myself