Blog Post 1- Introducing myself

Hello

I am Keasha McGowan from Johannesburg, South Africa. My interests include personalizing homes (interior designing), listening to music, dancing, singing, love doing makeup as well as makeovers, playing volleyball, tennis and netball, running, going to the gym, baking, deep-sea diving, listening to people's problems and finding solutions for them, photography and volunteering (especially for something that would benefit many.)

I care about other people's opinions and believes; as these are their perspectives of the world. I care about my family and my friends, as they are the people I look to when having bad day or need comfort. I care about the youth of this world because they are the future and hoping they make this world a better place.

My goals for this year and the end of Year 12 is to achieve and graduated with a score of 38 and above. after graduating at Raha, I would like to go to Monash University, in Melbourne to do two majors. One major as Psychology and the other as Designing. After achieving my goals in university, I would start my own private practice in psych or an interior designing business. All depends on which area/field I am more comfortable in.

Language plays an important role in my life because it helps develop everyone's characteristics and personalities which make the who they are, it also strengthens skills and plays an important role in the social development of a person.


Comments

  1. Whoa Keasha! You really seem to have a clear destination in mind in terms of your future goals. It is interesting that you focused on the personal identity and social aspects of language, as this is the focus of our first unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keasha! I'm really glad i read your blog, it's interesting learn certain details about you that I simply never would have guessed like your passion for interior design. The fact that you are so motivated in life and already have such a plan for yourself simply bewilders me as I'm utterly clueless in what I'm doing in life. I completely agree with your statements on the youth of this world as it is up to us and the future generation to determine how this world develops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keasha! I really enjoyed learning about your perspectives and goals in life. It's very cool to learn that you're interested in psychology and interior design, it sounds so much like you. I'm also very impressed, and slightly intimidated, at how clear your future seems to be for yourself, I'm sure you'll be able to fulfil your goals as you are a very motivated person; I wish you the best of luck in that aspect of life! In terms of the connections you made between your life and language, I relate to when you said "I care about other people's opinions and believes; as these are their perspectives of the world." and "Language plays an important role in my life because it helps develop everyone's characteristics and personalities ". I completely agree and I can't wait for us to all learn further about personal identities and the social aspects of language. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Keasha
    i love how you care about the people you know and love but still be able to show respect to others' opinion even if you might not agree with it. i really admire your ambition and certainty on what you want to achieve at the end of these two years. i hope you do achieve a score of 38 and above. when you go to university your choice of two majors as psychology and design goes perfectly well together where you can understand the type of people and use your interior design skills to become a great interior designer, or any other type of designer. I believe you can make it, i don't know you all that well but from what i do know you seem like an ambitious girl who will take what she wants. So all i can say is have fun on the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 5 - Creative task

Blog Post 3 - A Good Name